Signs of Grace: You Are Forgiven prepares children to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the first time by revealing that God is indeed “rich in mercy.” Parent sessions using Award-winning Augustine Institute Studio’s Forgiven: The Transforming Power of Confession help meet the crucial need for ongoing formation and catechesis for the entire family.
The curriculum includes seven sessions. Each presents the good news of salvation offered to us in Jesus Christ, with a focus on helping children understand intellectually, spiritually, and emotionally that the Sacrament of Reconciliation is a real encounter with him, and that he desires to forgive and heal us at the deepest levels of our humanity.
Activities, Scripture, videos, and stories are provided to engage both the mind and the heart so that the child can come to fully understand the gift of grace and mercy offered through the Sacrament.
And while the curriculum is focused on the child, it also recognizes that it is in the Christian family that the Faith is first learned and is most effectively understood and lived out. A Family Take Home Page is provided with each session in English and Spanish to engage parents and the entire family in this journey of Faith.
A detailed teacher guide provides instructions for parent sessions using Forgiven: The Transforming Power of Confession, the acclaimed series about the Sacrament of Confession produced by the award-winning Augustine Institute Studios.
Signs of Grace: You Are Forgiven includes:
Each session includes a story from Scripture as well as a story of a saint relevant to the lesson, key word definitions, a fun activity, a story featuring fictional characters children can relate to, and a session recap.
Student Activity Book
Each session includes sticker pages and engaging, lively activities including family take home pages in English and Spanish, word searches, songs, crossword puzzles, and flash cards.
Each session includes a clear overview and outline of the main objectives, as well as discussion questions to prompt engagement with the students and detailed instructions for each activity. Supplemental activities are also provided with a list of necessary materials and instructions. Also included is information for a parish leader on how to implement the program into a parish, specifics on how to hold parent sessions using the Augustine Institute’s Forgiven: The Transforming Power of Confession, and an attendance poster to help teachers incentivize their students to complete take-home pages.
Engaging Video Segments for each session
Each session includes a short video that is carefully crafted to ease the child into the lesson for the day, helping them become open and excited for what they will learn. Animation, hand-drawn Catholic symbols and graphics, engaging sound, and warm, entertaining presenters meet them at their level and convey the big idea of what is about to be unpacked by their teacher.
Forgiven: The Transforming Power of Confession
The Augustine Institute DVD Series Forgiven: The Transforming Power of Confession, along with the Leader Guide, to be used in parent sessions, which provides the Church’s teaching about the sacrament of Confession, including a practical “walk through” of what happens in the confessional and how every moment connects to Scripture, Catholic Tradition and God’s passionate desire to be with you.
Prayer Cards and Certificates
- Saint prayer cards that coincide with the saints highlighted throughout the program.
- Confession cards that include the Examination of Conscience based on the 10 Commandments, the 7 Steps to Make a Good Confession based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and the Act of Contrition prayer.
- Certificates of Completion to personalize for each participant
Lessons in You Are Forgiven Include:
Session 1: God is Our Loving Father
- Key focus: Relationship with God the Father and our Happiness
- Scripture Story: Genesis 1–3
- Saint: Saint Francis of Assisi
- Children’s Story: The Birthday Gifts
Session 2: God Reveals His Saving Plan
- Key focus: Emphasize virtues – laws are intended to make us happy
- Scripture Story: Genesis 12–22
- Saint: Saint Therese of Lisieux
- Children’s Story: Rules
Session 3: Jesus Comes to Save Us
- Key focus: Christ dies for us to save us from our sins.
- Scripture Story: Matthew 18:12–1 and Luke 15:3–7
- Saint: Saint Jose Sanchez de Rio
- Children’s Story: The Deep End
Session 4: The Church Continues Christ’s Saving Mission
- Key focus: The Church
- Scripture Story: Matthew 16:17–19
- Saint: Pope Saint John Paul II
- Children’s Story: Grace
Session 5: Morality: Life in Christ
- Key focus: God’s laws make us happy
- Scripture Story: Matthew 5:1–12
- Saint: Saint Teresa of Calcutta
- Children’s Story: The High Road
Session 6: The Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Key focus: Christ forgives us
- Scripture Story: John 20:19-23
- Saint: Saint Faustina Kowalska
- Children’s Story: The Low Road
Session 7: Celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation
• Key focus: How to make a good confession
• Scripture Story: Luke 15:11–32
• Saint: Saint Padre Pio of Pietrelcina
• Children’s Story: The Long Road
Bonus Material: How to Make a Good Confession
- The 7 Steps to Make a Good Confession
based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church
VIDEO CLIP SAMPLE
Session 5: You Are Forgiven
Forgiven: The Transforming Power of Confession
You Are Forgiven Kit: $149.00
This Starter Kit (valued at over $250!)
includes everything you need to run your class:
- 1 Teacher Guide232 pagesISBN: 978-0-9991778-5-3
- You Are Forgiven DVDVideo for each of 8 sessions;approximately 35 total minutes of video content.
- 1 Student Guide128 pagesISBN: 978-0-9991778-4-6
- Student Activity Guide128 pagesISBN: 978-0-9991778-6-0
- 1 set of Certificates of CompletionPack of 20
- 1 set of Confession CardsPack of 20
- 1 pack of Saint Prayers Cards20 sets of 7
- 1 Forgiven: The Tranforming Power of Confession
Now Available Online!
- Online Course: Prepared for Grace - You are Loved
$29.95 each - additional discounts for 5 or more students.
$59.95 for group analyst role.
Group purchasing Inquiries
- Teacher Guide: $44.95
Volume Discounts Available
- Student Guide: $14.95
- Student Activity Book: $7.95
- Confession Cards for children $14.95
Packs of 20
- Certificates of Completion $14.95
Packs of 20
- Saint Prayer Cards $39.95
20 packs of 7; 140 total